WRITEUP IN PROGRESS
Like the fizzle of a melta gun blast deflected off the hull of a Leman Russ, a shaft of light from the doorway struggled and failed to illuminate the Breath of the Emperor as the inquisitorial cell filed in. Thick incense filled anterior chamber, leaving the air suffused with a rich, heavy smell and obscuring the drinking hall’s furnishings and inhabitants with a thick pall of smoke. While overbearing in most circumstances, in this case the smoke worked in everyone’s favor, as it masked the stench of the polluted waterway which clung to Kaunitzer’s robes and armor.
The team has learned the following facts:
- The Breath of the Emperor is a high class establishment in the Turning Hand which panders to offworlders, but clientele is now few and far between.
- Doketh is the name of the local coinage. Thrones are worth more than Doketh, but exchange rate is as yet unknown.
- “13 Doketh” is a reference to a notorious tax that the nobility has implemented per crate of lho sticks. There is a statement that often follows mentioning of this by individuals who are against the tax, but no one caught the phrase
- there is one major player in the Quorum approved lho stick trade, and their packs are marked with a stylized “M”
- The stylized “M” is the symbol for the noble family Maywroth
- The underworld of Sinophia is ruled by sinister parody of the nobility, and the Rag Kings and Rag Queens that make up the seedy underbelly of the world are known collectively as the Undertow
- There are workers putting up a large Aquila icon on Haarlock’s Folly
- There seems to be a section of Haarlock’s folly where someone or something is being kept, as there are guards looking IN (as opposed to facing out to prevent people from getting in)
- Saint’s Mouth is the name of the Bay
- Vicious murders which may or may not be connected have nonetheless inflamed both the nobility and the undertow, and have set them against each others. The murdered:
– Castillo, Rag King, dismembered while in transit
– Mam’sel Zamura Rolart, ripped apart in her dressing room
– Legate Senh-Ar Dole, offworld trader and undertow moneylender, disappeared and entire household dismembered
– Viscount ??, killed at manse, security system inexplicably stopped working during attack but resumed after, killed by severe beating
- One red herring clue leads to a boy that looks like the contact they are looking for, but isn’t. Luckily he has in the past been mistaken for this youth. The actual contact’s name is Barabbas and he seems to have joined a cult near Apker’s Cathedral.