Gear Capacity - Backpacks, Combat Vests, Combat Belts
Note that none of this gear will increase the amount that a character can carry over what is indicated on Table 7-26 on pg248.
Contrary to the item’s description, the backpack does not add an additional 30kg to the character’s carrying capacity. The 30kg that that backpack can hold does count against the PC’s carrying capacity.
- The capacity is 4 items and/or 10kg. The standard weight/size of an item would be 1 grenade, 1 normal magazine clip, 1 regular sized pistol or smaller. Two item locations are required to hold large pistols (i.e. Hand Cannon @ 3kg).
- Its capacity is limited in terms of both weight & size to keep from hampering the wearer’s movement during combat operations. The capacity is also limited for speed – to be able to correctly grab the item desired with just a glance during combat.
- The Ready Action (pg223) can be used on these items.
For the item description “Combat Vest” on page 171:
- It’s capacity is 6 items that are the size of a grenade or magazine clip.
- Weapons carried in the vest take up 1 item per kg (rounded up).
- Contrary to the item’s description, Items held in the combat vest cannot be drawn as a Free Action – the Ready Action (pg223) can be used on these items.
- Contrary to the item’s description, a backpack and a combat vest may be worn at the same time.