Medicae - Special Use-Extended Care
This is addressing what the ramifications are to an affected patient, during Medicae-Extended Care (Core p109) if the Primary Healer fails their Medicae Test.
- The patient does not die, as it states in RAW. Rather, that character undergoes a “Slow Recovery”.
- Patient takes characteristic damage to their Toughness in an amount equal to the DoF on the Medicae Test.
- Patient takes characteristic damage in an amount equal to the DoF on the Medicae Test, according to the location of their critical wound:
- Leg – characterisitic damage is to Agility
- Body – characteristic damage is to Willpower
- Arm – characteristic damage is to Ballistic & Weapon
- Head – characteristic damage is to Intelligence
- Each day the slowly recovering character makes a Challenging Toughness Test & suffers levels of Fatigue equal to their DoF.
- 31 days after the character recovers all their Wounds, they make a Difficult Toughness Test.
- Success – means all effects from their “Slow Recovery” end: no more daily Fatigue & they recover all characteristic damage suffered from their Slow Recovery.
- Failure – after every block of 7 days thereafter, they can make another Toughness Test at one level of difficulty easier to end their “Slow Recovery”.