Taking the Bullet
Due to player request, this is the mechanic, entitled Taking the Bullet, for quickly diving in front of another character so that an attack strikes the protector, rather than the protectee. It is a variation of the Special Use of Dodge skill entitled Dive for Cover (Core p104).
- The protectee must declare their intention to Evade before knowing the results of the Taking the Bullet Action.
- The protector must not be Prone & must be a number of meters within the protectee equal to the protector’s Agility Bonus.
- Prior to the roll, the protector states what protectee body locations receive what priority. The protector makes a Difficult Dodge Test and provides cover for a number of body locations equal to their DoS.
- If an attack strikes a body location that the protector is providing cover for, it strikes that same body location of the protector instead.
- Whatever damage from the attack is left over after the Protector has reached 10 Critical Wounds (from that attack and previous attacks), is applied to the same body location on the protectee – unless the protectee has successfully Evaded the attack.